Dauerman Law Firm has been present on the legal services market since 2000 providing comprehensive legal advisory to both sport and business. The combination of sport and business is not accidental. In business, just like in sport, only the best ones succeed. We support our clients on their way to the top.
Our team of professionals provides top-quality legal services and secures every aspect of our clients’ interests. We are a reliable and goal-oriented partner – one that can be trusted. Thanks to our multilingual lawyers we consult and represent both domestic and foreign clients. Apart from Polish our lawyers provide legal assistance in the English, Russian, German and French languages.
From the very beginning our law firm has been providing comprehensive legal advisory services in the field of sports law. Thanks to our many years of experience and diversity of cases handled, we have become a leader in sports law among Polish law firms.
We have been successfully cooperating with reputable sports clubs, Polish and international sports federations, winners of World and European Championships, Olympic athletes, coaches of national teams, sports agents and others. Moreover, we do not limit ourselves just to legal advisory. Entities operating in the world of sport can also expect from us complex and multifaceted consulting services.
Our services, in particular, include:
- comprehensive day-to-day legal support for sports clubs, leagues and federations;
- establishing sports federations, clubs and leagues; providing legal support for the sports federations in the administrative proceedings before the Ministry of Sport and Tourism aiming to obtain the status of recognized Polish sports federations;
- legal advisory services for the non-Olympic sport disciplines in order to be officially recognized by the International Olympic Committee;
- representation in disciplinary and anti-doping proceedings pending before bodies of national and international sports federations, Polish Anti-Doping Agency, Arbitration Tribunal for Sport Affairs of the Polish Olympic Committee and before the Court of Arbitration for Sport in Lausanne;
- representation before courts of general jurisdiction, national and international arbitration courts as well as before relevant bodies of sports federations in the variety of cases, including among others financial and intellectual property disputes;
- comprehensive legal services for sportsmen and sports agents, including drafting sports, agency and sponsorship contracts;
- mediation in sport;
- representation in proceedings with regards to obtaining equivalent for training;
- tax planning & optimization
- SOCIOS – cooperation between sports clubs, law firm, marketing agency and sponsors for purposes of development of club structures, brand creation and increase of marketing power.
Keeping in mind the expertise of the law firm’s team in the field of sports law, the familiarity of its members with both national and international legal regulations and understanding of the needs of entities operating in the world of sport, we took steps in order to become an official lobbyist for the sports environments in Poland. Our law firm has been officially registered as a professional lobbyist, under the Article 11 Section 8 of the Law on lobbying activities. We would like to express our hope that this will allow us to initiate changes in the legal regulations that are negatively affecting sports environment and to suggest solutions which would contribute to a beneficial development of given sport disciplines.
Commercial & Corporate
For Polish and foreign entrepreneurs we offer comprehensive legal services in all aspects of running a business, particularly with regards to the broadly understood commercial law and corporate law but also other fields of law relevant for conducting business activity such as tax, administrative and labour law.
Our services, in particular, include:
- establishment, merger, division, transformation and liquidation of commercial companies;
- ongoing corporate legal services for partnerships, limited liability companies, joint-stock companies and other business entities;
- legal advisory with regards to acquisition of shares and assets as well as joint venture undertakings;
- legal audit and due diligence;
- drafting and negotiating full scope of commercial agreements;
- legal representation in commercial and corporate disputes, including support in debt collection;
- advisory services concerning labour law and administrative issues;
- support in real estate acquisitions and management.
Our lawyers have wide experience in handling disputes that encompass all fields of law and all industry sectors served by the firm. Supporting clients in judicial, administrative and arbitration proceedings since the very beginning of the Dauerman Law Firm has always been its key practice area.
We represent our clients before all instances of courts of general jurisdiction, the Supreme Court of Poland, administrative authorities, administrative courts and the Supreme Administrative Court.
Our law firm is the leader in managing class actions. Following that recent legal developments, we are proud to offer you sterling and professional legal assistance in this regard. We offer this kind of legal support as far as customers protection, product liability and tort liability are concerned.
Arbitration & Mediation
Our lawyers act as counsels in both national and international arbitration proceedings. In Poland we have been protecting interests of our clients in disputes before, inter alia The Court of Arbitration at the Polish Chamber of Commerce as well as Arbitration Tribunal for Sport Affairs of the Polish Olympic Committee.
Thanks to our multilingual lawyers and international cooperation we also act as counsels or lead counsels in cross-border disputes before international arbitration institutions. We have experience in handling disputes before such reputable institutions as The Court of Arbitration for Sport in Lausanne (CAS), The German Institution of Arbitration (DIS) and The Arbitration Institute of the Stockholm Chamber of Commerce (SCC).
Moreover, Dauerman Law Firm actively promotes meditation as alternative dispute resolution method, in particular in sports and commercial matters.
Media & Entertainment
Our lawyers and consultants advise on the variety of issues related to entertainment and media industry. We offer, in particular, the following services:
- comprehensive legal support in organization of mass events and media campaigns;
- drafting various commercial agreements including agency, licensing, sponsorship, production, distribution and lease agreements;
- advising on IP law issues and representation in proceedings before the Patent Office of the Republic of Poland;
- representation before courts of general jurisdiction in disputes related to copyrights, trademarks, domains, defamation as well as freedom of speech and freedom of press issues.
Our data protection practitioners advice on all aspects of compliance with data privacy law, including:
- conducting audit of data protection status;
- identifying scope and purpose of processing of personal data as well as legal grounds for processing of personal data;
- drafting internal data security policies and instructions for administering IT systems used for processing of personal data, as well as other necessary data protection documentation;
- drafting contracts on outsourcing of data processing and clauses on consent to processing of personal data;
- representation before Poland’s Inspector General for Personal Data Protection (GIODO) in proceedings for registration of filing systems and data protection officers, and during inspections and post-inspection proceedings.
- advising on compliance with European General Data Protection Regulation that comes into effect as of 25 may 2018;
- conducting trainings on data protection law for managements and employees.
Competition & Consumer Protection
Dauerman Law Firm provides assistance to companies and publicly subsidized entities in various aspects of competition and consumer protection law. Our services, in particular, include:
- drafting and reviewing agreements, legal opinions, internal regulations and procedures concerning competition and consumer protection law;
- day-to-day assistance to participants of the public procurement market, assistance in making tenders, including drafting and reviewing of tender documentation such as contracts and specification of the essential terms of the contract;
- legal advisory related to competition and consumer protection law issues aiming at ensuring compliance with the binding law;
- representation in dispute resolution before national competition and consumer protection authorities as well as relevant courts.
Torts & Inheritance
Our law firm provides professional representation in proceedings aimed at compensating damages related to traffic accidents, accidents at work and medical errors. On behalf of and to benefit of our clients we claim:
- damages for personal injuries;
- compensations for the death of a close relative;
- reimbursement of medical treatment and rehabilitation expenses;
- compensations for a deterioration in the rate of life after a death of close relative;
With regards to medical law issues, we offer our expertise to the victims of medical errors – failures or omissions committed by doctors and medical personnel which result in a patient's suffering and injury. Our services include claiming various forms of compensations and damages from medical and health institutions and individual doctors.
We also specialize in claiming compensations for the proprietors of land on which the transmission facilities were built illegally by telecoms.
As far as the inheritance law is concerned, we offer our legal support to all issues related to the vast notion of succession - from legal advice and expert opinions, to complete services of preparation and execution of clients’ last will.